Greetland Methodist Church was a former Wesleyan Chapel which was established in 1779.
The traditional church building was demolished in 1976 due to an outbreak of dry rot.At that time the buildings consisted of the church which had a balcony and cellars which was mainly the boiler room. The minister’s manse was attached to the church.
On the other side of the ginnel to the east of the church, which goes down to Sunnybank Road, there was the Institute which at one time had a snooker table.
The original church was visited by John Wesley in 1781, 1784 and 1786.
When the church was demolished it was replaced by a prefabricated building which has helped to maintain the Christian witness on the site.